In the USA:
- There are 1 million living with Parkinson's in the USA
- 60,000 Americans are diagnosed with Parkinson's disease each year, and this number does not reflect the thousands of cases that go undetected
- The combined direct and indirect cost of Parkinson's, including treatment, social security payments and lost income from inability to work, is estimated to be nearly $25 billion per year
- Medication costs for an individual person with PD average $2,500 a year, and therapeutic surgery can cost up to $100,000 dollars per patient.
- An estimated 7 to 10 million people worldwide are living with Parkinson's disease.